Skip to main content

To respond or not to respond

Sometimes one can't help but respond.  Its hard not to get caught up in the hype and drama; to stave off frustration and anger when truth and half-truths are combined to confuse the masses, not to mention flat-out lies. Those who are most vulnerable are the ones who experience the greatest suffering whether that vulnerability takes the form of compromised health, lack of monetary wealth or a deficiency in discernment.  Even the fact checkers cannot be completely replied upon, it seems. 

So do I respond or not? What does an effective response look like?  Is it even possible to make a positive difference? 

Gentle, non-threatening, anti-inflammatory, supportive and encouraging words were my first response and I will continue to use them, if sparingly.  Beyond that, because I chose to listen and look for people and places in need, hopefully with great frequency,  I will help where I can with the gifts and means I have.  We may not have a lot, but we always have enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Comfort Zone...a poem of sorts

My Comfort Zone My comfort zone is      Safe,      Warm, encompassingly so,      Alone but not lonely,      Where my precious things are stored. But I don't grow there. Growth happens when I       Explore unsafe spaces, real and imagined,      Struggle to fight off the cold from all sides,      Try to stand tall in the harsh and judgmental spotlight,      Stand alone in the crowd, showing what I have to give to any who will       receive,       Seek new treasures to add to my store.